- For doctors who are looking for an easy, fast and accurate method to diagnose the causes of hair loss, trichoscopy (FotoFinder Trichovision®, Germany) is a great leap forward.
- Exclusively for FotoFinder medical users, the TrichoLAB service team (based in Poland) provides a detailed trichoscopic report which differentiates majority of hair disorders.
- This report is offered as a "second medical opinion" but many doctors use it as a first opinion for their hair loss diagnosis.
Unlike the traditional trichogram, videotrichoscopy is a painless procedure without taking a sample of hair, and without biopsy.
A digital camera (FotoFinder Trichovision®) combined with FotoFinder Trichoscale pro software allows to :
- quantify the exact dimension of hair loss (number of hairs, hair density, anagen-telogen rate),
- quantify diffuse hair loss,
- analyse important parameters in trichology (follicular units, hair thickness).
It can be linked directly to the TrichoLAB service.
TrichoLAB trichoscopy report :
- may distinguish scarring versus nonscarring alopecia, androgenetic alopecia vs telogen effluvium and supports the diagnosis of alopecia areata, lichen planopilaris, anagen effluvium, folliculitis decalvans, discoid lupus erythematosus, trichotillomania, tinea capitis.
- consists of four parts : Patient's data, x70 images taken with hair units marked, Hair statistics, Conclusions
See our list of clinics offering TrichoLAB analysis