Many clinics offer platelet-rich plasma (growth factors) in conjunction with a hair transplant to stimulate follicle stem cells (faster regrowth).
PRP can also be used, such as mesotherapy, to stop hair loss, especially in young patients.
But each PRP session is expensive.
- Men women, all ages, particularly suitable for young people
- Early stage of hair loss : slow the pace of hair loss, stimulate the roots to trigger growth of new hair
- After hair transplantation : facilitate healing, stimulate implanted grafts
- Clinically administered only,
- Initial series of 3 injections, spaced one month apart
- Maintenance session : one injection every 6 to 12 months after the initial series
- A plasma rich in platelets and growth factors (produced by centrifuging part of the patient's own blood) is injected into areas of the scalp that suffer from hair thinning or hair loss.
- This treatment aims to stimulate the formation of collagen and to increase the blood supply to the hair follicle.
- The PRP will reactivate the "bulges" (residues of hair roots) in all areas.
OBJECTIVES OF TREATMENT :
- Normalize the androgenetic hair fall.
- In some cases, transiently stimulate the growth of thinning hair, which will become thicker.
- Facilitate the healing, and stimulate grafts after a hair transplant.
- New, promising method (autologous, no rejection reaction to fear)
- More effective than mesotherapy
- PRP has variable effects depending on the patient, not always effective
- Requires several sessions (initial protocol)
COST (INDICATIVE) :
- 200-500 euros per session
- Usually included in the price of the hair transplant
Have a look at our selection of clinics offering this procedure in Europe